Thursday, April 8, 2010

Some thrills of the hunt

These are some of the treasures I found on the weekend roadtrip.
A wonderful blue hobnail basket.Who can resist handpainted roses? Not I.Someone has amassed some hands. Mr. Wonderful insisted that I needed these! I have more than a few in white but none this color. He knows his sister collects jadeite and " Granny Stellee" will probably end up giving them to her.What do you think Margi?Can you quess what this is? A cigarette holder. Yes! Mr. Wonderful collects smoking items so there may be some debate over who gets this baby. I think it would make the cutest pencil holder.
This sweet little creamer matches two other pieces that I picked up at thrift stores.
This amazing birds nest was found at The Urban Farmhouse. Anything that has to do with birds comes home with Robin.A cute little bird feeder from Polly's booth. You can bet that it will soon be holding robin egg blue buttons.
This is the birdcage stand I found at The Urban Farmhouse. There was a birdcage with it but I had already fufued this one and it fit.This birdcage and stand was already in the other window of the back of our nest. So you see I just had to have one for the other window.Right? A pretty Avon perfumed talc can, Avon matching jewelry, childs' hanky and bingo cards. BINGO!Two beautiful hankies with leaves.Just a few of the buttons that I found on this trip. So many buttons so little time.
This is the last piece I have to show you. What is it you ask?  A wine and glass holder? A condiment or salad dressing caddy? Only time will tell. The wheels are grinding   turning. Someone said it was a croquet stand. Who knows? This also came from Pollys' booth at the Olde shoe factory. Visit Polly's blog http://www.sassafrasstuff.blogspot.com/ . ~Happy hunting~ Robin

1 comment:

  1. I almost bought those green hands when I was at the Old Shoe Factory! The Urban Farmhouse looks awesome. Love all your treasures! See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete